Morgan & Morgan is a full-service Panamanian law firm, regularly assisting local and foreign clients from different industries, including recognized financial institutions, government agencies, and individual clients.

In particular, the firm has been involved in all stages of the development of mega projects related to energy, water supply, construction, oil, mining, public infrastructure, retail, ports, transportation, among others.

The growth of the Panamanian economy and the fact that Panama has become an important regional investment center has allowed Morgan & Morgan´s attorneys to acquire considerable experience in multidisciplinary practices covering the entire spectrum of the needs of our clients.

Our organization

With almost a century of successful trajectory, the origins of the organization date back to 1923, when Eduardo Morgan Alvarez (1902-1988) founded Morgan & Morgan–Attorneys at Law.

Over the years, the law office has constantly grown and new partners, associates and professional staff have joined to form an organization capable of offering its clients a full range of legal services.

Recognitions and certifications

History

1902

Dr. Eduardo Morgan Alvarez (1902-1988) receives his license certificate issued by the Supreme Court of Justice of Panama and begins the practice of law in the City of David, Chiriquí.

1945

Dr. Morgan Alvarez achieved an important milestone in the juridical history of the country for being responsible of the creation of labor jurisprudence that favored the workers of the Puerto Armuelles Fruit Company, on winning the first case Pro bono in Panama, for the defense of workers.

1947

The president of Panama, Enrique A. Jiménez, appointed Eduardo Morgan Álvarez as the representative of Panama in the Commission on Palestine that was established by the United Nations and made possible the creation of the State of Israel.

1965

After graduating with honors from Yale University, Dr. Eduardo Morgan Jr. followed by, Dr. Juan David Morgan, joined the firm giving a new dynamic, including new partners, and enlarging the services.

1981

Morgan & Morgan expands internationally in search of new business opportunities, mainly in corporate and estate planning services.

2000

Morgan & Morgan inaugurates its first Corporate Social Responsibility program, the Eduardo Morgan Foundation (Fundamorgan).

2001

Morgan & Morgan signs the United Nations Global Compact.

2007

Morgan & Morgan inaugurates its second Corporate Social Responsibility program, the Community Legal Assistance Program (coordinated by Fundamorgan).

2010

Morgan & Morgan begins the construction of its current headquarters in Panama City, the MMG Tower, one of Panama’s first eco-friendly buildings.

2011

Morgan & Morgan became the first and only Panamanian law firm to sign the Pro Bono Declaration of the Americas, an initiative of the New York-based Cyrus R. Vance Center for International Justice through which the leading law firms of the American Continent commit themselves to providing free legal assistance to vulnerable, low - income individuals.

2014

Morgan & Morgan inaugurates the MMG Tower, one of Panama´s first eco-friendly buildings, which also holds the prestigious LEED certification granted by the United States Green Building Council.

TOP