Morgan & Morgan has a strong reputation in all types of litigation and arbitration processes involving Panamanian law before the various jurisdictional bodies of the Republic of Panama: Civil Courts, Maritime Courts, Labor Tribunals, Administrative agencies, Private Arbitration, and Criminal Courts.
Our practice is best known for handling complex disputes and some of the landmark cases in Panama regarding civil, administrative, banking, insurance, corporate and commercial matters. We undertake judicial businesses of great import relating litigation for more than thousands of proceedings.
Our team is conform by a highly skilled team of attorneys with solid academic backgrounds, capable of effectively attending any litigious or other adversarial matters placed in our hands.
We constantly engage in judicial actions on behalf of law firms from around the world, asking us to obtain local legal solutions on controversies outside the Panamanian jurisdiction.
Additionally, in order to meet very specific needs of some of our clients from the banking and financial sector, we have established a section for the collection of unpaid high-risk credits.
Furthermore, our team has substantial experience in arbitration processes both domestic and international. We have duly certified lawyers to serve as arbitrators, mediators and conciliators in arbitration proceedings both locally and internationally.
We represent multinational corporations, banks, financial entities, governmental entities and well-known private companies.
- July 15, 2021 | Morgan & Morgan appoints Mr. Alejandro E. Chevalier to its Litigation and Dispute Resolution practice.
- June 3, 2021 | Benchmark Litigation Awards 2021
- May 27, 2021 | Jose Carrizo participates in the Asset Recovery Americas conference
- January 5, 2021 | The Arbitration Review of the Americas 2021
- August 31, 2020 | Euromoney Legal Media recognizes Morgan & Morgan
- January 8, 2020 | Morgan & Morgan contributed in Chambers Insolvency-Second Edition Guide
- | Morgan & Morgan contributed to Doing Business 2020
- December 20, 2019 | Morgan & Morgan lawyers and practices recognized in The Legal 500 – Latin America guide
- November 8, 2019 | Morgan & Morgan featured in The Arbitration Review of the Americas 2020
- October 28, 2019 | The Insolvency Law in Panama
Chambers & Partners
"Strong practice often acting as counsel to clients before courts and governmental agencies. Advises on a full range of contentious mandates relating to an assortment of sectors including transportation, financial services and telecommunications. Advises a significant local and international clientele pertaining to the banking, insurance and energy sectors."