Our Banking and Finance team possesses broad expertise and has participated in numerous financing transactions acting on behalf of both creditors and debtors. Our practice focuses mainly on drafting loan (debt issuance) and security documentation associated with complex financing transactions, setting up leasing and factoring facilities and managing all legal aspects related to banking acquisitions and mergers (including tender offers for publicly traded banks).
Our experience not only includes transactions involving private entities, but also public one, as well as having participated in some of the largest public infrastructure finance transactions, such as representing multilateral institutions in connection with the financing of the expansion of the Panama Canal.
As for banking operations, we have assisted many banks and financial institutions in the process of obtaining licenses (banking and fiduciary) as well as ongoing regulatory assistance related to their operations in the country.
- December 14, 2021 | Morgan & Morgan Partners recommended by the Latin American Corporate Counsel Association (LACCA)
- December 1, 2021 | Morgan & Morgan Legal advised Avianca Holdings, S.A. and its subsidiaries, in connection with its financial and corporate restructuring process, implemented to emerge from Chapter 11 proceedings in the United States of America.
- October 26, 2021 | Morgan & Morgan achieved the highest number of practices and lawyers ranked in The Legal 500 Latin America.
- September 3, 2021 | Morgan & Morgan achieved the highest number of rankings for Panama in Chambers Latin America.
- August 31, 2021 | Morgan & Morgan Legal advised Banistmo S.A., as facilities agent and administrative agent, in a multimillionaire financing agreement related to Line 3 of Panama´s City Metro System, one of the largest public infrastructure projects in Panama.
- August 27, 2021 | Morgan & Morgan Legal advised Avianca Holdings, S.A. and its subsidiaries, in connection with a US$ 1.5 billion DIP-to-exit facility which would secure the company’s exit financing from its Chapter 11 reorganization proceeding under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
- August 16, 2021 | Morgan & Morgan top-ranked on IFLR1000’s 31st edition
- July 6, 2021 | Morgan & Morgan Legal advised Banistmo, S.A., in connection with a US$4 million finance related to the solar photovoltaic power plant “Santiago Gen 1”.
- May 7, 2021 | IFLR1000 selects Kharla Aizpurúa Olmos as Women Leader in Panama
- January 21, 2021 | Morgan & Morgan Partners recommended by the Latin American Corporate Counsel Association (LACCA)
Chambers & Partners
"Respected practice fielding a team of experienced practitioners to advise on trusts, financial leasing operations and syndicated lending for the financing of infrastructure projects. Offers additional expertise in regulatory banking matters. Extensive client list composed of top local and multinational financial institutions."