Our Banking and Finance team possesses broad expertise and has participated in numerous financing transactions acting on behalf of both creditors and debtors. Our practice focuses mainly on drafting loan (debt issuance) and security documentation associated with complex financing transactions, setting up leasing and factoring facilities and managing all legal aspects related to banking acquisitions and mergers (including tender offers for publicly traded banks).
Our experience not only includes transactions involving private entities, but also public one, as well as having participated in some of the largest public infrastructure finance transactions, such as representing multilateral institutions in connection with the financing of the expansion of the Panama Canal.
As for banking operations, we have assisted many banks and financial institutions in the process of obtaining licenses (banking and fiduciary) as well as ongoing regulatory assistance related to their operations in the country.
- November 16, 2020 | Morgan & Morgan advised Banistmo, S.A. in connection with the public offering of senior secured notes for an amount of up to US$400 million issued through the ENA Master Trust
- October 26, 2020 | Morgan & Morgan advised Avianca Holdings, S.A. in connection to a over US$ 2 billion debtor-in-possession financing structure pursuant to its reorganization plan under Chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code.
- November 22, 2019 | Morgan & Morgan qualifies in IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate guide 2020
- February 11, 2019 | Crowdfunding as a source of financing for businesses
- September 25, 2018 | Morgan & Morgan distinguished as a Panamanian top law firm in Chambers Latin America 2019
- August 15, 2017 | Fifteen Morgan & Morgan experts recognized in Who´s Who Legal
Chambers & Partners
"Respected practice fielding a team of experienced practitioners to advise on trusts, financial leasing operations and syndicated lending for the financing of infrastructure projects. Offers additional expertise in regulatory banking matters. Extensive client list composed of top local and multinational financial institutions."