Our Banking and Finance team possesses broad expertise and has participated in numerous financing transactions acting on behalf of both creditors and debtors. Our practice focuses mainly on drafting loan (debt issuance) and security documentation associated with complex financing transactions, setting up leasing and factoring facilities and managing all legal aspects related to banking acquisitions and mergers (including tender offers for publicly traded banks).
Our experience not only includes transactions involving private entities, but also public one, as well as having participated in some of the largest public infrastructure finance transactions, such as representing multilateral institutions in connection with the financing of the expansion of the Panama Canal.
As for banking operations, we have assisted many banks and financial institutions in the process of obtaining licenses (banking and fiduciary) as well as ongoing regulatory assistance related to their operations in the country.
- September 3, 2021 | Morgan & Morgan achieved the highest number of rankings for Panama in Chambers Latin America.
- August 31, 2021 | Morgan & Morgan Legal advised Banistmo S.A., as facilities agent and administrative agent, in a multimillionaire financing agreement related to Line 3 of Panama´s City Metro System, one of the largest public infrastructure projects in Panama.
- August 27, 2021 | Morgan & Morgan Legal advised Avianca Holdings, S.A. and its subsidiaries, in connection with a US$ 1.5 billion DIP-to-exit facility which would secure the company’s exit financing from its Chapter 11 reorganization proceeding under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
- August 16, 2021 | Morgan & Morgan top-ranked on IFLR1000’s 31st edition
- May 7, 2021 | IFLR1000 selects Kharla Aizpurúa Olmos as Women Leader in Panama
- January 21, 2021 | Morgan & Morgan Partners recommended by the Latin American Corporate Counsel Association (LACCA)
- July 24, 2020 | Superintendence of Non-Financial Regulated Persons issues new regulations in relation to attorneys and accountants
- May 5, 2020 | Legal feasibility of electronic signatures in the Republic of Panama
- January 31, 2020 | Morgan & Morgan contributed to the first edition of the Latin American corporate investigations guide
- January 13, 2020 | The World of Turnkey Contracts, Partial Payment Accounts and Certificates of No Objection
Chambers & Partners
"Respected practice fielding a team of experienced practitioners to advise on trusts, financial leasing operations and syndicated lending for the financing of infrastructure projects. Offers additional expertise in regulatory banking matters. Extensive client list composed of top local and multinational financial institutions."