Morgan & Morgan has a broad experience advising clients in the Panamanian energy market. The firm represents in a wide variety of transactional issues including regulatory, licensing, permits, environmental, contractual and compliance matters.
We take pride on our continuous advice to clients involved in the generation of energy, including our participation in all stages of the development of the largest hydro, wind, carbon, thermal and solar projects.
Our expert attorneys participated in various activities such as the legislation drafting , representing bidders for generation concessions and advising on regulatory matters before the regulatingentity for public services.
On environmental matters, our attorneys have acted as consultants to the National Environmental Authority (ANAM, for its initials in Spanish) in the drafting of three regulations: environmental impact statement analysis and procedures, private participation, and environmental standard enacting processes. Thus, our expertise involves substantial knowledge of environmental laws and regulations, as well as regulatory experience in the drafting of Government regulations.
- October 20, 2022 | Morgan & Morgan outstands in The Legal 500 Latin America 2023.
- August 30, 2022 | Morgan & Morgan outstands in Chambers Latin America 2023.
- April 30, 2022 | Morgan & Morgan among the five most renowned law firms in Central America: WWL Central America 2022.
- March 10, 2022 | Latin Lawyer Awards 2022
- October 26, 2021 | Morgan & Morgan achieved the highest number of practices and lawyers ranked in The Legal 500 Latin America.
- September 3, 2021 | Morgan & Morgan achieved the highest number of rankings for Panama in Chambers Latin America.
- July 6, 2021 | Morgan & Morgan Legal advised Banistmo, S.A., in connection with a US$4 million finance related to the solar photovoltaic power plant “Santiago Gen 1”.
- November 22, 2019 | Morgan & Morgan qualifies in IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate guide 2020
- September 2, 2019 | Morgan & Morgan is nominated at the Latin American Energy and Infrastructure Awards
- September 25, 2018 | Morgan & Morgan distinguished as a Panamanian top law firm in Chambers Latin America 2019
Chambers & Partners
"Dynamic team offering significant expertise in advising energy companies on the development of projects, encompassing financial, regulatory and contractual matters. Also benefits from experience acting as counsel to companies involved in public bids for power generation contracts. Represents a number of key players in the renewables and mining spheres."