Morgan & Morgan has the most complete Mergers and Acquisitions team in Panama. From antitrust to taxes, the firm participates in complex local and cross-border transactions (including joint ventures and public private partnerships). We work with major local and multinational corporations from several industries including banks, energy, water and sewage, retail, mining & metals, real estate, ports, construction, insurance, media, telecommunications and financial services.
Our practice is best known for managing some of the most transcendental transactions in Panama, worth several billion dollars. Relevant experience includes the US$1.8 billion acquisition of Grupo Banistmo by HSBC; the US$211 million insurance mergers of Mapfre with Aseguradora Mundial; the US$647 million acquisition of a toll highway concession by the Panamanian Government; the sale of the non-alcoholic business of Refrescos Nacionales and Cerveceria Nacional to Dos Pinos; the US$180 million acquisition of Panama Colon Container Port by Shanghai Gorgeous Investment Development; among many others.
Our attorneys have participated in these transactions, from their initial stages (including letters of intent and interest or memorandums of understanding), to the drafting of the purchase agreements (of stocks and assets transactions), all through to closing and post-closing, including claims for alleged violations of representations, warranties and/or covenants.
- March 9, 2020 | A guide on Mergers and Acquisitions in Panama
- December 20, 2019 | Morgan & Morgan lawyers and practices recognized in The Legal 500 – Latin America guide
- November 25, 2019 | Morgan & Morgan Partners recommended by the Latin American Corporate Counsel Association (LACCA)
- January 11, 2019 | Morgan & Morgan Partners recommended by the Latin American Corporate Counsel Association (LACCA)
- | Morgan & Morgan and five attorneys of the firm recognized by the IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate guide 2019
- September 25, 2018 | Morgan & Morgan distinguished as a Panamanian top law firm in Chambers Latin America 2019
Chambers & Partners
"Respected group of practitioners sought out by international companies for advice on M&A transactions and joint ventures. Additionally, involved in day-to-day corporate matters. Maintains an impressive roster of clients hailing from the financial services, mining and transportation sectors. Corporate team works in tandem with the firm's leading departments in finance, energy and shipping. "