Morgan & Morgan is known to represent the most prestigious shipping companies as well as the most prominent and active lending institutions worldwide. The firm advises clients on financing transactions, including drafting of corporate authorities of Panama companies, drafting and registration of Panamanian law security documentation, attendance at closings, issuance of capacity legal opinions on binding effects of transaction documents entered into by Panamanian companies and enforceability legal opinions on Panama law governed documentation, corporate authorities and due registration of ship mortgages.
For years, Morgan & Morgan has leads the market acting as registered resident agent in Panama for the largest number of active ships registered under Panamanian flag ships. The firm also has substantial expertise advising on ship financing transactions of vessels involving several billions of dollars.
Our shipping practice is complemented by experts and offices in major shipping centres around the world such as London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Greece, Belize and Panama.
Chambers Global and Chambers Latin America constantly, consistently ranks the firm and main partners of Band 1 in Shipping Law.
- August 25, 2020 | Panama: The Shipping Law Review
- April 27, 2020 | Morgan & Morgan registers the world’s biggest containership
- December 20, 2019 | Morgan & Morgan lawyers and practices recognized in The Legal 500 – Latin America guide
- October 30, 2019 | Market Intelligence Panama: Shipping 2019
- October 29, 2019 | Morgan & Morgan featured in Market Intelligence-Shipping 2019
- April 16, 2019 | Jazmina Rovi took office as Chairman of the Panama Maritime Law Association
- January 8, 2019 | Morgan & Morgan partners participated as speakers in seminar on maritime arbitration
- November 27, 2018 | Morgan & Morgan in Getting The Deal Through: Market Intelligence-Shipping 2018
- May 16, 2018 | Latin Lawyer highlighted Morgan & Morgan
- May 15, 2017 | Francisco Linares, new Chairman of the Panamanian Maritime Law Association
Chambers & Partners
"Morgan & Morgan is not only excellent for the ship financing matters, but also such matters as the enforcement of Panamanian mortgage rights in non-Panamanian jurisdictions, as well as global insolvencies of Panama flag-flying vessels owned or chartered by non-Panamanian shipping companies."