Morgan & Morgan is the most active law firm in the sector of capital markets in Panama. Our practice focuses on public and private offerings, some with cross border components.
Since Panama’s securities laws were revamped in 1999 and in 2011, the firm has built a robust securities and capital markets practice and has been involved in numerous transactions involving several billions of dollars.
We also have assisted many clients in obtaining various licenses from the Superintendence of Securities Markets, including securities brokerage and investment fund administration. Moreover, the firm has participated on behalf of both issuers and underwriters, local and international, including offerings made in other jurisdictions (such as 144A and Regulation S).
Morgan & Morgan also has played a key role in the development of Panama´s capital market. One of our partners participated in the drafting of special legislation for real estate investment funds (also known as REIT´s) and set a milestone acting as counsel for first such funds successfully registered in the Superintendence of Securities of Panama as part of an initial placement in the local stock exchange.
- January 5, 2022 | Morgan & Morgan Legal advised Supermercados Xtra, S.A. in connection with the offering and issuance of corporate bonds for an amount of up to US$100 million.
- December 1, 2021 | Morgan & Morgan Legal advised Avianca Holdings, S.A. and its subsidiaries, in connection with its financial and corporate restructuring process, implemented to emerge from Chapter 11 proceedings in the United States of America.
- October 26, 2021 | Morgan & Morgan achieved the highest number of practices and lawyers ranked in The Legal 500 Latin America.
- September 27, 2021 | Morgan & Morgan Legal advised Cirsa Enterprises S.L.U in connection with the offering of secured notes for an amount of up to €615,000,000
- September 3, 2021 | Morgan & Morgan achieved the highest number of rankings for Panama in Chambers Latin America.
- August 16, 2021 | Morgan & Morgan top-ranked on IFLR1000’s 31st edition
- June 22, 2020 | The Legal 500: Securitisation Country Comparative Guide 2020
- March 9, 2020 | Chambers & Partners Securitization Guide 2020
- November 22, 2019 | Morgan & Morgan qualifies in IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate guide 2020
- June 10, 2019 | Securitization in Panama
Chambers & Partners
"Reputable practice offering robust expertise across a range of capital markets mandates. Capabilities span the structuring of local and multi-jurisdictional securities offerings, as well as administering investment funds. Routinely sought out by major corporate issuers and underwriters, boasting further involvement in sovereign debt issuances. "