Morgan & Morgan is the most active law firm in the sector of capital markets in Panama. Our practice focuses on public and private offerings, some with cross border components.
Since Panama’s securities laws were revamped in 1999 and in 2011, the firm has built a robust securities and capital markets practice and has been involved in numerous transactions involving several billions of dollars.
We also have assisted many clients in obtaining various licenses from the Superintendence of Securities Markets, including securities brokerage and investment fund administration. Moreover, the firm has participated on behalf of both issuers and underwriters, local and international, including offerings made in other jurisdictions (such as 144A and Regulation S).
Morgan & Morgan also has played a key role in the development of Panama´s capital market. One of our partners participated in the drafting of special legislation for real estate investment funds (also known as REIT´s) and set a milestone acting as counsel for first such funds successfully registered in the Superintendence of Securities of Panama as part of an initial placement in the local stock exchange.
- August 24, 2023 | Morgan & Morgan outstands in Chambers Latin America 2024.
- July 19, 2023 | Morgan & Morgan Legal advised Cirsa Finance International S.à.r.l. in connection with the offering of senior secured notes for an amount of up to €700 million.
- June 2, 2023 | Morgan & Morgan Legal advised Inmobiliaria Casas Grandes, S.A. in the constitution and registration of FIDEICOMISO INMOBILIARIO CASAS GRANDES as a Real Estate Investment Fund.
- May 30, 2023 | Morgan & Morgan Legal advised First Quantum Minerals Ltd. in connection with the offering and issuance of senior notes for an amount of US$1.3 Billion
- April 5, 2023 | Morgan & Morgan Legal advised MMG Global Allocation Fund, Inc. in the conversion from a closed-end simple fund into a closed-end umbrella fund.
- March 31, 2023 | Morgan & Morgan Legal advised Green Tower Properties Inc. and its shareholders in the registration and conversion as a Real Estate Investment Trust and an initial public offering (IPO) of its shares through Latinex.
- February 6, 2023 | Morgan & Morgan Legal advised Dream Properties in the constitution and registration of NF Real Estate Fund Inc. as a Real Estate Investment Fund.
- December 27, 2022 | Morgan & Morgan Legal advised Banistmo, S.A. in the registration of revolving corporate bonds of Lion Hill Capital 2, S.A. for an amount of up to US$80 million.
- November 9, 2022 | Morgan & Morgan Legal advised Cirsa Finance International S.à.r.l. in connection with the offering of senior secured notes for an amount of up to €425,000,000.
- November 3, 2022 | Morgan & Morgan Legal advised Latin American Kraft Investments Inc. in the registration of revolving corporate bonds for an amount of up to US$60 million.
Chambers & Partners
"Reputable practice offering robust expertise across a range of capital markets mandates. Capabilities span the structuring of local and multi-jurisdictional securities offerings, as well as administering investment funds. Routinely sought out by major corporate issuers and underwriters, boasting further involvement in sovereign debt issuances. "