Morgan & Morgan is the most active law firm in the sector of capital markets in Panama. Our practice focuses on public and private offerings, some with cross border components.
Since Panama’s securities laws were revamped in 1999 and in 2011, the firm has built a robust securities and capital markets practice and has been involved in numerous transactions involving several billions of dollars.
We also have assisted many clients in obtaining various licenses from the Superintendence of Securities Markets, including securities brokerage and investment fund administration. Moreover, the firm has participated on behalf of both issuers and underwriters, local and international, including offerings made in other jurisdictions (such as 144A and Regulation S).
Morgan & Morgan also has played a key role in the development of Panama´s capital market. One of our partners participated in the drafting of special legislation for real estate investment funds (also known as REIT´s) and set a milestone acting as counsel for first such funds successfully registered in the Superintendence of Securities of Panama as part of an initial placement in the local stock exchange.
- June 22, 2020 | The Legal 500: Securitisation Country Comparative Guide 2020
- March 9, 2020 | Chambers & Partners Securitization Guide 2020
- November 22, 2019 | Morgan & Morgan qualifies in IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate guide 2020
- June 10, 2019 | Securitization in Panama
- February 11, 2019 | Crowdfunding as a source of financing for businesses
- January 11, 2019 | Morgan & Morgan and five attorneys of the firm recognized by the IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate guide 2019
- September 25, 2018 | Morgan & Morgan distinguished as a Panamanian top law firm in Chambers Latin America 2019
- September 5, 2018 | Morgan & Morgan participated in asset securitization conference
- May 16, 2018 | Latin Lawyer highlighted Morgan & Morgan
Chambers & Partners
"Reputable practice offering robust expertise across a range of capital markets mandates. Capabilities span the structuring of local and multi-jurisdictional securities offerings, as well as administering investment funds. Routinely sought out by major corporate issuers and underwriters, boasting further involvement in sovereign debt issuances. "