Morgan & Morgan has one of the most complete Intellectual Property Departments in Panama. The firm advises clients in the filing and registration of trademarks, service marks, slogans, trade names, inventions, utility models, industrial designs and plant varieties under Industrial Property Law, as well as to how to protect their creations such as music, audiovisual works, phonographic productions, books, computer software and also representing clients in negotiations which involve the assignment or licensing of their copyright, for both a national and international protection, under Copyright Law.
Our attorneys are specialists in the drafting and reviewing of License and Franchise Agreements, assisting clients in all the regulatory proceedings for registering such license agreements and franchises of trademarks before the Industrial Property and IP Directorates.
Morgan & Morgan also assists in the protection of industrial property assets by registering the rights with the IP Department of the National Customs Authority and with the IP Department of the Colon Free Trade Zone Administration, to achieve maximum cross-border protection and to fight unauthorized use of intellectual property rights and other forms of infringements.
Our attorneys also advise clients in Litigation matters related to IP (Opposition claims against trademark applications, Nullity and Cancellation claims and Copyright Infringement) and criminal actions related to all sorts of Intellectual Property crimes.
Our IP Department is highly effective assisting clients in obtaining Sanitary Registrations before the Health Ministry and the Panama Authority for Medical and Food products, respectively.
- September 3, 2021 | Morgan & Morgan achieved the highest number of rankings for Panama in Chambers Latin America.
- July 14, 2021 | Terralex Cross-Border Trademark Guide 2021
- April 23, 2021 | Morgan & Morgan in the Top 10 of the Patent Lawyer Magazine ranking
- June 22, 2020 | Novedades de las recientes modificaciones a la Ley de Contrataciones Públicas: Transparencia e inhabilitaciones en las contrataciones
- June 18, 2020 | Novedades de las recientes modificaciones a la Ley de Contrataciones Públicas: Promoción de las empresas nacionales
- April 3, 2020 | Panama Creates a Beneficial Owner Registry
- December 20, 2019 | Morgan & Morgan lawyers and practices recognized in The Legal 500 – Latin America guide
- October 7, 2019 | María Eugenia Brenes contributed in the guide Patents 2020
- April 25, 2019 | April 26: World Intellectual Property Day
- February 6, 2019 | Intellectual Property team of Morgan & Morgan is featured in The World´s Leading Trademark Professionals 2019
Chambers & Partners
"Skilled department benefiting from experience in a multitude of IP matters including anti-counterfeiting measures and copyright litigation, boasting further expertise in trade mark registrations. Client roster hails from the fashion and food and beverage industries. "