Panama, May 4, 2020.
The National Immigration Authority and the Ministry of Labor extend the measures taken as a result of the State of Emergency due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
National Immigration Authority
- Residence permits are extended up to May 15th. This extension is in force since March 13th.
- Reference is made to all permits and tourist stays that expire within the aforementioned period and will not give rise to fines due to expiration.
- All terms are suspended until May 15th, including processes, actions. Attention to the public is also suspended until the same date.
- Only humanitarian flights and those that transport cargo and products, medical-hospital equipment, medications, vaccines and any other necessary supplies to face the COVID-19 pandemic are allowed to enter the National Territory.
Ministry of Labor – Labor Immigration
- The validity of work permits for foreign workers is extended until May 30th. This extension is in force since March 12th.
- Any procedure related to work permits, as well as the judicial terms are suspended until May 30th.