The National Immigration Authority ceases public attention
RESOLUTION No. 5893 OF MARCH 16th, 2020
By means of this Resolution, published in the Official Gazette on March 18th 2020, the National Immigration Authority, ceases public attention.
- Due to the actions recommended by the Ministry of Health to prevent possible contagion for workers, employers and users, the National Immigration Authority, including the regionals offices of the National Immigration Authority, has ceased the public attention from March 16th up to April 7th, 2020. This period may be extended according to the National State of Emergency.
- As of March 17th, 2020, only national and foreigners with temporary, permanent or provisional residences authorized by the National Immigration Authority will be allowed to enter to Republic of Panama.
- All persons entering Panama must comply with the measures taken by the Ministry of Health, remaining in observation and surveillance by the health authorities, as well as completing the quarantine of fourteen (14) calendar days.
- On the basis of the best interests of the child, under-age tourists whose paternity or legal custody is exercised by nationals or foreign residents, will be allowed to enter the Republic of Panama.
Aspects to be considered:
- This resolution complements the measures taken by the Government of the Republic of Panama to avoid crowding, preserve public health and mitigate potential risks of contagion.
- Personnel from the Immigration Authority at the borders controls and Airports will remain operative.