Resolution number 636 of January 27th, 2021 issued by the National Immigration Authority (“SNM”), and published in the Official Gazette on February 1st, 2021 establishes an additional extension of documents, due to the crisis of the COVID-19 pandemic, namely:
• An extension until June 30th, 2021 in the validity of any identification document issued by the SNM (Provisional Residence Cards, Non-resident Visas, Judicial Stay Cards, Immigration Regularization Cards and Tourists Stay), expired as of March 13th, 2020, without incurring fines or surcharges.
• An extension until June 30th, 2021, to the period in which Permanent Residents who are outside the national territory, can remain abroad, without this situation leading to the cancellation of the Permanent Residence.
• An extension until June 30th, 2021 to previously issued birth and marriage certificates that have expired from March 30th, 2020 to January 31st, 2021.
• The extension established in this Resolution will allow an additional validity previously extended until January 31st, 2021, now up to June 30th, 2021.
• The Resolution includes the extension of the period in which permanent residents can be away without incurring a penalty. In this sense, article 31 of Decree Law 8 of 2008 establishes as a cause for canceling permanent residence, that the foreigner remains outside the country for more than two (2) years.
• The marriage and birth certificates will now be valid until June 30th, 2021, only if they expired between March 30th, 2020 and January 31st, 2021.