Our Banking and Finance team possesses broad expertise and has participated in numerous financing transactions acting on behalf of both creditors and debtors. The Morgan & Morgan practice focuses mainly on drafting loan (debt issuance) and security documentation associated with complex financing transactions, setting up leasing and factoring facilities and managing all legal aspects related to banking acquisitions and mergers (including tender offers for publicly traded banks).
Our experience includes not only transactions involving private entities but also public ones, as well as having participated in some of the landmark public infrastructure finance transactions, such as representing multilateral institutions in connection with the financing of the expansion of the Panama Canal, the US$2 billion financing of Line 3 of Metro de Panama, one of the most significant public infrastructure projects in Panama; the financing Project Gatun, a natural gas-fired power plant and one of the largest private infrastructure projects in Panama; among others.
As for banking operations, we have assisted many banks and financial institutions in the process of obtaining licenses (banking and fiduciary) as well as ongoing regulatory assistance related to their operations in the country.
- October 27, 2023 | Morgan & Morgan outstands in The Legal 500 Latin America 2024.
- October 20, 2023 | Leaders League Rankings 2024: Corporate/M&A, Corporate Tax
- October 3, 2023 | Morgan & Morgan receives top rankings in IFLR1000 2023.
- September 25, 2023 | Latin Lawyer 250, 2024: Highly Recommended
- August 29, 2023 | Morgan & Morgan Legal advised Orla Mining Ltd. and Minera Cerro Quema, S.A. in connection with a secured credit facility for an amount of up to US$200 million.
- August 24, 2023 | Morgan & Morgan outstands in Chambers Latin America 2024.
- August 4, 2023 | Morgan & Morgan outstands in WWL: Central America 2023.
- July 17, 2023 | Morgan & Morgan Legal advised ARTCAP LAC PRIVATE CREDIT SERVICES S.A. and Banistmo Investment Corporation S.A., in relation to a 10-year US$90 million senior secured loan granted to Banesco (Panamá), S.A.
- June 2, 2023 | Morgan & Morgan Legal advised Inmobiliaria Casas Grandes, S.A. in the constitution and registration of FIDEICOMISO INMOBILIARIO CASAS GRANDES as a Real Estate Investment Fund.
- June 1, 2023 | Morgan & Morgan Legal advised Greenwood Energy Central America Corp. in connection with the financing for the development, construction, commissioning, and operation of a 40MW photovoltaic power park.
Chambers & Partners
"Respected practice fielding a team of experienced practitioners to advise on trusts, financial leasing operations and syndicated lending for the financing of infrastructure projects. Offers additional expertise in regulatory banking matters. Extensive client list composed of top local and multinational financial institutions."