The Ministry of Health (hereinafter, MINSA) through Executive Decree No. 833 of August 30th, 2021 (hereinafter the “Decree”), modifies the measures for the entry of nationals, residents or foreigners while the State of National Emergency lasts, namely:
NEW RULES FROM AUGUST 30th, 2021:
- Preventive Quarantine:
Any traveler who enters the national territory by air, land or sea, will be exonerated from performing any type of COVID-19 test at the point of entry and from 72-hour preventive quarantine, provided that they have registered digitally or presently of physical form the vaccination card with the complete schedule (after 14 days from your last dose), approved by the WHO, FDA or EMA.
- Travelers from Countries with Low Epidemiological Risk of COVID-19:
- All travelers from low-risk countries, who do not have a complete vaccination scheme, will need to (i) present a negative result of a COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) of up to 72 hours of validity or (ii) perform it at their own cost at the air, sea or land entry point.
- If you have a negative result, you will be exempt from 72-hour preventive quarantine.
- Travelers from Countries with High Epidemiological Risk for COVID-19:If the passenger does not have a complete vaccination schedule or his last dose applied is less than 14 days, he must:
- a. Present a negative COVID-19 test result (PCR or antigen) for up to 72 hours of validity or perform it at your cost at the port of entry.
- b. Comply with a 72-hour preventive quarantine at your home, if you are a national or resident, or in an authorized hotel and at your expense, if you are a foreigner without immigration process, after which a COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) must be performed, whose negative result will end the quarantine.
- Nationals, residents or foreigners under 12 years of age:
Nationals, residents or foreign passengers under 12 years of age will be exempt from performing any type of COVID-19 test and 72-hour preventive quarantine, provided that their parents, guardians or caregivers meet the requirements established according to the level of epidemiological risk. of the country of origin.
- Previously, every passenger who had or did not have a complete vaccination scheme had to present a COVID-19 test with negative results upon entry to Panama. Now, this requirement is eliminated for passengers who present in digital or physical form the vaccination card with the complete scheme, after 14 days of their last dose, approved by the WHO, FDA or EMA.
- With this Decree it is established that minors under 12 years of age are exempted from taking the Covid-19 test upon arrival in Panama and quarantine for 72 hours, as long as their parents, guardians or caregivers meet the requirements established in this decree. Previously there was no exemption depending on the age of the person.
- This Decree derogates Executive Decree No. 804 of July 22nd, 2021.
- This Decree became effective as from its promulgation.