Kharla Aizpurua Olmos is a Partner in the Corporate Law Department of the firm. Ms. Aizpurua Olmos mainly advises clients in domestic and cross-border financing transactions. Also, she has been involved on matters pertaining to syndicated lending, project finance, governmental infrastructure projects (including transportation and energy), securitization, public offerings, mergers and acquisitions, services related to the telecommunications sector, startups and e-commerce, compliance and data protection.
Prior to joining Morgan & Morgan, Ms. Aizpurua Olmos obtained experience as a junior associate in the Corporate Law Department of Garrigues, Tax and Legal Advisers in Madrid-Spain, focusing on corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, banking and project finance, and securities matters.
Ms. Aizpurua Olmos has been recognized for her professional achievements (Up and Coming) in the first edition of the Latin American Energy and Infrastructure Awards organized by the Iberian Legal Group. In addition, she has been distinguished by Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 for her work in banking and finance, and commitment in diversity and inclusion. Moreover, she is also recognized as a Women Leader in Panama by IFLR1000 Women Leaders, an elite ranking of the most prominent lawyers worldwide.
Ms. Aizpurua Olmos is also committed with the pro bono activities of the firm. She played a key role in the team responsible for drafting the bill to organize national volunteering in the Republic of Panama and serves as counsellor to different Panamanian NGOs.
In addition, she is in the board of directors WIP Panama (women in the legal profession), Panamanian chapter of Women in the Profession Program of the Cyrus R. Vance Center for International Justice of the New York Bar Association.
Ms. Aizpurua Olmos obtained an LL.B. from Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain and a LL.M. from the Cornell Law School, University of Cornell, Ithaca, New York, USA. She has also completed a course in Business Management of NGOs from the University of Louisville in Panama and obtained a certification in Financial Skills for Practice and Management and Merger and Acquisitions from the INIDEM Business School.
She is admitted to practice law in the Republic of Panama.
- 24 AUGUST 2023 Morgan & Morgan outstands in Chambers Latin America 2024.
- 23 MAY 2023 ICLG Lending & Secured Finance 2023: Panama Chapter.
- 20 OCTOBER 2022 Morgan & Morgan outstands in The Legal 500 Latin America 2023.
- 30 AUGUST 2022 Morgan & Morgan outstands in Chambers Latin America 2023
- 10 MARCH 2022 Latin Lawyer Awards 2022
- 23 NOVEMBER 2021 Global investigations guide 2021
- 26 OCTOBER 2021 Morgan & Morgan achieved the highest number of practices and lawyers ranked in The Legal 500 Latin America.
- 03 SEPTEMBER 2021 Morgan & Morgan achieved the highest number of rankings for Panama in Chambers Latin America.
- 18 MAY 2021 Terralex Cross-Border Data Protection Guide 2021
- 07 MAY 2021 IFLR1000 selects Kharla Aizpurúa Olmos as Women Leader in Panama
- 04 JANUARY 2021 Morgan & Morgan´s Corporate Law team recognized in IFLR1000 2021
- 02 OCTOBER 2020 Morgan & Morgan achieves top rankings in Chambers Latin America 2021
- 22 MAY 2020 Main Banking Regulation in times of COVID-19 (Rule 4-2013 and Rule 2-2020) (Webinar)
- 21 MAY 2020 COVID-19: Additional, exceptional and temporary measures adopted by the Superintendency of Banks of Panama and the Panama Banking Association.