Our Banking and Finance team possesses broad expertise and has participated in numerous financing transactions acting on behalf of both creditors and debtors. Our practice focuses mainly on drafting loan (debt issuance) and security documentation associated with complex financing transactions, setting up leasing and factoring facilities and managing all legal aspects related to banking acquisitions and mergers (including tender offers for publicly traded banks).
Our experience not only includes transactions involving private entities, but also public one, as well as having participated in some of the largest public infrastructure finance transactions, such as representing multilateral institutions in connection with the financing of the expansion of the Panama Canal.
As for banking operations, we have assisted many banks and financial institutions in the process of obtaining licenses (banking and fiduciary) as well as ongoing regulatory assistance related to their operations in the country.
- November 22, 2019 | Morgan & Morgan qualifies in IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate guide 2020
- February 11, 2019 | Crowdfunding as a source of financing for businesses
- January 11, 2019 | Morgan & Morgan and five attorneys of the firm recognized by the IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate guide 2019
- September 25, 2018 | Morgan & Morgan distinguished as a Panamanian top law firm in Chambers Latin America 2019
- May 16, 2018 | Latin Lawyer highlighted Morgan & Morgan
- June 28, 2017 | Attorneys of Morgan & Morgan participated in AmCham conference
- February 1, 2013 | Ramon Varela & Carlos E. Gonzalez R. participate in Project Finance Forum
Chambers & Partners
"Respected practice fielding a team of experienced practitioners to advise on trusts, financial leasing operations and syndicated lending for the financing of infrastructure projects. Offers additional expertise in regulatory banking matters. Extensive client list composed of top local and multinational financial institutions."