Our Banking and Finance team possesses broad expertise and has participated in numerous financing transactions acting on behalf of both creditors and debtors. Our practice focuses mainly on drafting loan (debt issuance) and security documentation associated with complex financing transactions, setting up leasing and factoring facilities and managing all legal aspects related to banking acquisitions and mergers (including tender offers for publicly traded banks).
Our experience not only includes transactions involving private entities, but also public one, as well as having participated in some of the largest public infrastructure finance transactions, such as representing multilateral institutions in connection with the financing of the expansion of the Panama Canal.
As for banking operations, we have assisted many banks and financial institutions in the process of obtaining licenses (banking and fiduciary) as well as ongoing regulatory assistance related to their operations in the country.
- January 21, 2021 | Morgan & Morgan Partners recommended by the Latin American Corporate Counsel Association (LACCA)
- July 24, 2020 | Superintendence of Non-Financial Regulated Persons issues new regulations in relation to attorneys and accountants
- June 19, 2020 | Morgan & Morgan contributed in The World Justice Project
- May 5, 2020 | Legal feasibility of electronic signatures in the Republic of Panama
- January 31, 2020 | Morgan & Morgan contributed to the first edition of the Latin American corporate investigations guide
- January 13, 2020 | The World of Turnkey Contracts, Partial Payment Accounts and Certificates of No Objection
- January 8, 2020 | Morgan & Morgan contributed in Chambers Insolvency-Second Edition Guide
- January 6, 2020 | Morgan & Morgan promotes new partner to its Corporate Law practice
- December 20, 2019 | Morgan & Morgan lawyers and practices recognized in The Legal 500 – Latin America guide
- November 25, 2019 | Morgan & Morgan Partners recommended by the Latin American Corporate Counsel Association (LACCA)
Chambers & Partners
"Respected practice fielding a team of experienced practitioners to advise on trusts, financial leasing operations and syndicated lending for the financing of infrastructure projects. Offers additional expertise in regulatory banking matters. Extensive client list composed of top local and multinational financial institutions."