Our Banking and Finance team possesses broad expertise and has participated in numerous financing transactions acting on behalf of both creditors and debtors. The Morgan & Morgan practice focuses mainly on drafting loan (debt issuance) and security documentation associated with complex financing transactions, setting up leasing and factoring facilities and managing all legal aspects related to banking acquisitions and mergers (including tender offers for publicly traded banks).
Our experience includes not only transactions involving private entities but also public ones, as well as having participated in some of the landmark public infrastructure finance transactions, such as representing multilateral institutions in connection with the financing of the expansion of the Panama Canal, the US$2 billion financing of Line 3 of Metro de Panama, one of the most significant public infrastructure projects in Panama; the financing Project Gatun, a natural gas-fired power plant and one of the largest private infrastructure projects in Panama; among others.
As for banking operations, we have assisted many banks and financial institutions in the process of obtaining licenses (banking and fiduciary) as well as ongoing regulatory assistance related to their operations in the country.
- January 31, 2020 | Morgan & Morgan contributed to the first edition of the Latin American corporate investigations guide
- January 13, 2020 | The World of Turnkey Contracts, Partial Payment Accounts and Certificates of No Objection
- January 8, 2020 | Morgan & Morgan contributed in Chambers Insolvency-Second Edition Guide
- January 6, 2020 | Morgan & Morgan promotes new partner to its Corporate Law practice
- December 20, 2019 | Morgan & Morgan lawyers and practices recognized in The Legal 500 – Latin America guide
- November 25, 2019 | Morgan & Morgan Partners recommended by the Latin American Corporate Counsel Association (LACCA)
- November 22, 2019 | Morgan & Morgan qualifies in IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate guide 2020
- February 11, 2019 | Crowdfunding as a source of financing for businesses
- January 11, 2019 | Morgan & Morgan and five attorneys of the firm recognized by the IFLR1000 Financial and Corporate guide 2019
- September 25, 2018 | Morgan & Morgan distinguished as a Panamanian top law firm in Chambers Latin America 2019
Chambers & Partners
"Respected practice fielding a team of experienced practitioners to advise on trusts, financial leasing operations and syndicated lending for the financing of infrastructure projects. Offers additional expertise in regulatory banking matters. Extensive client list composed of top local and multinational financial institutions."