Terralex Cross-Border Labor and Employment Guidance: Panama
Panama, December 13, 2022. As a member of Terralex, our firm collaborated with the Panama Chapter of its Cross-Border Labor and Employment Guidance, a valuable resource to general counsel, chief legal officers, and human resources executives, who manages people within an organization. Partners Maria Teresa Mendoza and Albalira Montufar wrote about the key aspects and
- Published in Albalira Montúfar, Immigration Law_news, Labor Law_news, Maria Teresa Mendoza, News
Morgan & Morgan outstands in The Legal 500 Latin America 2023.
Panama, October 20, 2022. With 27 attorneys and seven ranked practices, Morgan & Morgan heads the Panama chapter of The Legal 500 Latin America 2023 edition. In addition, eight practice areas receive the top Tier 1 ranking in the publication. The 27 attorneys of the firm recommended by this reference publication are: Allen Candanedo: Intellectual Property. Amanda Barraza:
- Published in News, Allen Candanedo, amanda_barraza_publi, Ana Castillo, Aristides Anguizola, Banking and Finance_news, Barraza Amanda, Corporate Services_news, Energy and Natural Resources_news, Fanny Evans, Francisco Arias, Francisco Linares, Inocencio Galindo, Intellectual Property_news, Jazmina Rovi, Jose Carrizo, Juan David Morgan Jr, Kharla Aizpurua, Labor Law_news, Laura Barrios, Litigation and Dispute Resolution_news, Luis Manzanares, Luis Miguel Hincapie, Luis Raven, Luis Vallarino, Maria Teresa Mendoza, Mayte Sanchez, Mergers and Acquisitions_news, Milagros Caballero, Nestor Broce, Omar Rodriguez, Ramon Varela, Raul Castro, Ricardo Aleman, Ricardo Arias, Roberto Lewis, Roberto Vidal, Shipping and Admiralty Ligitation, Taxation_news
Global Employer Handbook: Panama
Panama, August 22, 2022. As a member of the Employment Law Alliance (ELA), our firm collaborated with the Panama Chapter of ELA´s Global Employer Handbook, a comprehensive resource for labor and employment law in over 100 countries around the globe. Partners Ricardo Aleman and Maria Teresa Mendoza from our Labor Law Department wrote about the
- Published in Labor Law_news, News
Morgan & Morgan among the five most renowned law firms in Central America: WWL Central America 2022.
Panama, April 30, 2022. With 25 positions in the ranking, Morgan & Morgan has been recognized by Who’s Who Legal (WWL) among the five leading law firms in Central America. The publication endorsed eighteen lawyers of the firm in ten practice areas of its ranking, one of the most important in the region: Inocencio Galindo:
- Published in Albalira Montúfar, Ana Castillo, Banking and Finance_news, Barraza Amanda, Carlos Ernesto Gonzalez, Corporate Services_news, Energy and Natural Resources_news, Estate Planning_news, Francisco Arias, Francisco Linares, Immigration Law_news, Inocencio Galindo, Jazmina Rovi, Jose Carrizo, Juan David Morgan Jr, Labor Law_news, Litigation and Dispute Resolution_news, Luis Manzanares, Luis Vallarino, Maria Teresa Mendoza, News, Ramon Varela, Real Estate_news, Rishi Mungal, Roberto Lewis, Shipping and Admiralty Litigation_news, Simon Tejeira, Taxation_news
Global investigations guide 2021
Panama, November 23, 2021. Partners Inocencio Galindo, Kharla Aizpurua Olmos, Ricardo Aleman, and associate Joy Paull Torres were invited to contribute with the Panama chapter of the Global investigations guide, a publication produced by international law firm Hogan Lovells. The guide provides complete analysis on topics related to corporate liability, anticorruption, bribery, regulatory compliance, and criminal law.
- Published in Criminal Law_news, Inocencio Galindo, Kharla Aizpurua, Labor Law_news, News, Ricardo Aleman
Morgan & Morgan achieved the highest number of practices and lawyers ranked in The Legal 500 Latin America.
Panama, October 26, 2021. Morgan & Morgan has been recognized by The Legal 500 as the Panamanian law firm with most practice areas and lawyers ranked in the 2022 edition of the directory, a key reference point of regional top law firms. The publication has assigned the firm ten practice areas rankings, 7 of these
- Published in Banking and Finance_news, Corporate Services_news, Energy and Natural Resources_news, Francisco Linares, Intellectual Property_news, Jazmina Rovi, Jose Carrizo, Juan David Morgan Jr, Labor Law_news, Litigation and Dispute Resolution_news, Luis Raven, Luis Vallarino, Maria Teresa Mendoza, Mayte Sanchez, Nestor Broce, News, Omar Rodriguez, Projects_news, Ramon Varela, Ricardo Aleman, Securities and Capital Markets_news, Ship Finance and Registration_news, Taxation_news
Who´s Who Legal recognizes Maria Teresa Mendoza and Ricardo Aleman as Leading Labor and Employment lawyers in Panama.
Panama, October 5, 2021. We are proud to announce that our partners Maria Teresa Mendoza and Ricardo Aleman were selected as Leading Labor and Employment lawyers in Panama by Who´s Who Legal Labour, Employment & Benefits 2021 edition, a comprehensive guide to the world´s lawyers who can truly be considered leaders in this field. Who´s Who Legal says:
- Published in Labor Law_news, Maria Teresa Mendoza, News, Ricardo Aleman
The Ministry of Security modifies the requirements for the Temporary Residence Permit and the Permanent Residence Permit as Forest Investor
The Ministry of Security, through the Executive Decree No. 199 of May 7th, 2021 (hereinafter the “Decree”), adjusts the requirements for obtaining a temporary residence permit and a permanent residence permit as a Forest Investor, as follows: The forest investor residence permit may be requested in the following modalities: (i) temporary residence permit, (ii) permanent residence permit in 2 stages, and
- Published in Immigration Law_news, Labor Law_news
Immigration and labor immigration regime for companies with EMMA license
Executive Decree No. 33 of February 4th, 2021 (hereinafter, the “Decree”), published in the electronic Official Gazette on February 5th, 2021, regulates Law 159 of August 31, 2020 (hereinafter, the “Law”), which created the Special Regime for the Establishment and Operation of Multinational Companies for the Provision of Services Related to Manufacturing (EMMA). In relation
- Published in 2020, Immigration Law_news, Labor Law_news, News
Morgan & Morgan contributed in The World Justice Project
Panama, June 19, 2020. Maria Eugenia Brenes, Mayte Sanchez Gonzalez, Milagros Caballero and Carlos Ernesto Gonzalez Ramirez, attorneys at Morgan & Morgan, contributed with the Panama chapter of The World Justice Project (WJP) Rule of Law Index. The publication, which was supported by experts from different countries, presents a portrait of the rule of law