Morgan & Morgan contributed to The World Justice Project – Rule of Law Index 2022.
Panama, December 15, 2022. Maria Tereza Mendoza, Mayte Sanchez Gonzalez and Milagros Caballero, attorneys at Morgan & Morgan, contributed with the Panama chapter of The World Justice Project (WJP) Rule of Law Index, 2022 edition. The publication was supported by experts from 140 countries and presents a portrait of the rule of law in the
- Published in News, Maria Teresa Mendoza, Mayte Sanchez, Milagros Caballero
Morgan & Morgan outstands in The Legal 500 Latin America 2023.
Panama, October 20, 2022. With 27 attorneys and seven ranked practices, Morgan & Morgan heads the Panama chapter of The Legal 500 Latin America 2023 edition. In addition, eight practice areas receive the top Tier 1 ranking in the publication. The 27 attorneys of the firm recommended by this reference publication are: Allen Candanedo: Intellectual Property. Amanda Barraza:
- Published in News, Allen Candanedo, amanda_barraza_publi, Ana Castillo, Aristides Anguizola, Banking and Finance_news, Barraza Amanda, Corporate Services_news, Energy and Natural Resources_news, Fanny Evans, Francisco Arias, Francisco Linares, Inocencio Galindo, Intellectual Property_news, Jazmina Rovi, Jose Carrizo, Juan David Morgan Jr, Kharla Aizpurua, Labor Law_news, Laura Barrios, Litigation and Dispute Resolution_news, Luis Manzanares, Luis Miguel Hincapie, Luis Raven, Luis Vallarino, Maria Teresa Mendoza, Mayte Sanchez, Mergers and Acquisitions_news, Milagros Caballero, Nestor Broce, Omar Rodriguez, Ramon Varela, Raul Castro, Ricardo Aleman, Ricardo Arias, Roberto Lewis, Roberto Vidal, Shipping and Admiralty Ligitation, Taxation_news
Morgan & Morgan Legal advised Galores Group in the sale of its cold storage business to Emergent LatAm.
Panama, August 31, 2021. Morgan & Morgan Legal advised the shareholders of the companies Galores Refrigerados S.A., Galores Logística S.A., and Avner Perry Investments, S.A. (the “Galores Group”), in connection with the sale of Galores Group to Emergent Cold Latin America (“Emergent LatAm”), Latin America’s newest temperature-controlled warehousing and logistics provider. Galores Group is the
Morgan & Morgan presented the forum: Trends in Labor Law 2019
Morgan & Morgan, in partnership with the Chamber of Commerce, Industries and Agriculture of Chiriquí (CAMCHI), presented the forum: Trends in Labor Law 2019; a seminar organized for the business sector of the province of Chiriqui in the Republic of Panama. The topics were presented by lawyers Ricardo Aleman, Maria Teresa Mendoza and Milagros Caballero,
- Published in 2019, Ana Frago, Giselle Moncada, Labor Law_news, Maria Teresa Mendoza, Milagros Caballero, News, Ricardo Aleman
Morgan & Morgan presents forum: Trends in Labor Matters 2018, what are the new regulations?
Panama, April 25, 2018. Morgan & Morgan announces forum on “Trends in Labor Matters 2018: What are the new regulations?” to be held on Tuesday, May 29, from 8:00 a.m. to noon at the Titanio conference room of The Americas Golden Towers in Panama City. The event is addressed mainly to businesspeople, managers, human resources
- Published in Labor Law_news, Maria Teresa Mendoza, Milagros Caballero, News, Ricardo Aleman
Government establishes half-day of work on Thursday, March 29
The Government of the Republic of Panama, through Executive Decree No. 40 of Tuesday, March 20, 2018, orders the closure of public and municipal offices, nationwide, on Thursday, March 29, 2018 (Holy Thursday) at twelve (12) noon on the occasion of Holy Week. Comments: Terms on administrative procedures are suspended on March 29. Banking institutions
- Published in 2018, Angie Guzman, Labor Law_news, Maria Teresa Mendoza, Milagros Caballero, News, Ricardo Aleman
Morgan & Morgan advised a manufacturer of insulated panels and insulation boards with respect to the acquisition of a Spanish conglomerate
Morgan & Morgan acted as local counsel to one of the most important manufacturers of insulated panels and insulation boards in the acquisition of a Spanish conglomerate involved in the polyurethanes business with presence in the Republic of Panama. This cross-border deal was closed in the last quarter of 2017 and was the biggest transaction
- Published in 2017, Adolfo Campos, expertise, Milagros Caballero, Pablo Epifanio
Morgan & Morgan advised in the acquisition of Sociedad de Alimentos de Primera, S.A.
Morgan & Morgan acted as counsel to DMPTY, INC., a Castillo Hermanos company, with respect to an agreement for the acquisition, from Empresa Panameña de Alimentos, S.A., of 100% of the issued and outstanding shares of Sociedad de Alimentos de Primera, S.A. (SAPRISA); owner of the Bonlac brand and line of dairy products. With this
- Published in Allen Candanedo, Aristides Anguizola, expertise, Francisco Arias, Milagros Caballero, Pablo Epifanio
Morgan & Morgan advised Grupo Aval in its acquisition of BBVA in Panama for an amount of up to US$646 million
Morgan & Morgan represented Leasing Bogotá, S.A. Panamá, a company of the Colombian largest banking conglomerate “Grupo Aval”, with respect to the acquisition of 98.92% of all the outstanding and issued shares of Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (Panama), S.A., owned by Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A., and BBVA LuxInvest, S.A.. The closing of the transaction