Terralex Cross-Border Labor and Employment Guidance: Panama
Panama, December 13, 2022. As a member of Terralex, our firm collaborated with the Panama Chapter of its Cross-Border Labor and Employment Guidance, a valuable resource to general counsel, chief legal officers, and human resources executives, who manages people within an organization. Partners Maria Teresa Mendoza and Albalira Montufar wrote about the key aspects and
- Published in Albalira Montúfar, Immigration Law_news, Labor Law_news, Maria Teresa Mendoza, News
Morgan & Morgan contributed to The World Justice Project – Rule of Law Index 2022.
Panama, December 15, 2022. Maria Tereza Mendoza, Mayte Sanchez Gonzalez and Milagros Caballero, attorneys at Morgan & Morgan, contributed with the Panama chapter of The World Justice Project (WJP) Rule of Law Index, 2022 edition. The publication was supported by experts from 140 countries and presents a portrait of the rule of law in the
- Published in News, Maria Teresa Mendoza, Mayte Sanchez, Milagros Caballero
Morgan & Morgan outstands in The Legal 500 Latin America 2023.
Panama, October 20, 2022. With 27 attorneys and seven ranked practices, Morgan & Morgan heads the Panama chapter of The Legal 500 Latin America 2023 edition. In addition, eight practice areas receive the top Tier 1 ranking in the publication. The 27 attorneys of the firm recommended by this reference publication are: Allen Candanedo: Intellectual Property. Amanda Barraza:
- Published in News, Allen Candanedo, amanda_barraza_publi, Ana Castillo, Aristides Anguizola, Banking and Finance_news, Barraza Amanda, Corporate Services_news, Energy and Natural Resources_news, Fanny Evans, Francisco Arias, Francisco Linares, Inocencio Galindo, Intellectual Property_news, Jazmina Rovi, Jose Carrizo, Juan David Morgan Jr, Kharla Aizpurua, Labor Law_news, Laura Barrios, Litigation and Dispute Resolution_news, Luis Manzanares, Luis Miguel Hincapie, Luis Raven, Luis Vallarino, Maria Teresa Mendoza, Mayte Sanchez, Mergers and Acquisitions_news, Milagros Caballero, Nestor Broce, Omar Rodriguez, Ramon Varela, Raul Castro, Ricardo Aleman, Ricardo Arias, Roberto Lewis, Roberto Vidal, Shipping and Admiralty Ligitation, Taxation_news
Morgan & Morgan among the five most renowned law firms in Central America: WWL Central America 2022.
Panama, April 30, 2022. With 25 positions in the ranking, Morgan & Morgan has been recognized by Who’s Who Legal (WWL) among the five leading law firms in Central America. The publication endorsed eighteen lawyers of the firm in ten practice areas of its ranking, one of the most important in the region: Inocencio Galindo:
- Published in Albalira Montúfar, Ana Castillo, Banking and Finance_news, Barraza Amanda, Carlos Ernesto Gonzalez, Corporate Services_news, Energy and Natural Resources_news, Estate Planning_news, Francisco Arias, Francisco Linares, Immigration Law_news, Inocencio Galindo, Jazmina Rovi, Jose Carrizo, Juan David Morgan Jr, Labor Law_news, Litigation and Dispute Resolution_news, Luis Manzanares, Luis Vallarino, Maria Teresa Mendoza, News, Ramon Varela, Real Estate_news, Rishi Mungal, Roberto Lewis, Shipping and Admiralty Litigation_news, Simon Tejeira, Taxation_news
Morgan & Morgan achieved the highest number of practices and lawyers ranked in The Legal 500 Latin America.
Panama, October 26, 2021. Morgan & Morgan has been recognized by The Legal 500 as the Panamanian law firm with most practice areas and lawyers ranked in the 2022 edition of the directory, a key reference point of regional top law firms. The publication has assigned the firm ten practice areas rankings, 7 of these
- Published in Banking and Finance_news, Corporate Services_news, Energy and Natural Resources_news, Francisco Linares, Intellectual Property_news, Jazmina Rovi, Jose Carrizo, Juan David Morgan Jr, Labor Law_news, Litigation and Dispute Resolution_news, Luis Raven, Luis Vallarino, Maria Teresa Mendoza, Mayte Sanchez, Nestor Broce, News, Omar Rodriguez, Projects_news, Ramon Varela, Ricardo Aleman, Securities and Capital Markets_news, Ship Finance and Registration_news, Taxation_news
Who´s Who Legal recognizes Maria Teresa Mendoza and Ricardo Aleman as Leading Labor and Employment lawyers in Panama.
Panama, October 5, 2021. We are proud to announce that our partners Maria Teresa Mendoza and Ricardo Aleman were selected as Leading Labor and Employment lawyers in Panama by Who´s Who Legal Labour, Employment & Benefits 2021 edition, a comprehensive guide to the world´s lawyers who can truly be considered leaders in this field. Who´s Who Legal says:
- Published in Labor Law_news, Maria Teresa Mendoza, News, Ricardo Aleman
Reopening of businesses post COVID-19 (Video)
Panama, June 5, 2020. We are glad to share the video “Reopening of businesses post-COVID-19 companies” presented by María Teresa Mendoza, partner at Morgan & Morgan, in alliance with The American Chamber of Commerce and Industries of Panama (AmCham). Click here to view: Reopening of businesses post COVID-19 (in Spanish)
- Published in Labor and immigration_covid, Maria Teresa Mendoza
COVID-19: Latin American Guide for Employers 2nd Edition
Updated on May 18, 2020 In this guide, Employment Law Alliance (ELA) members from the Latin American region have provided answers to some of the most important questions that companies need to address during the COVID-19 pandemic. María Teresa Mendoza, partner at Morgan & Morgan, covered the Panama chapter of the guide. Click here to
- Published in Labor and immigration_covid, Maria Teresa Mendoza
What employers need to know about labor regulations in the Republic of Panama
Introduction Panama’s Labor Code, in effect since April 1972, with some changes in the last years, regulates the relationship between capital and labor, based on the principles of social justice established in the Political Constitution of the Republic and it creates a special State protection as a benefit of the employees. The State will intervene
- Published in 2019, Labor Law_news, Maria Teresa Mendoza, Press Room, Publications
Morgan & Morgan presented the forum: Trends in Labor Law 2019
Morgan & Morgan, in partnership with the Chamber of Commerce, Industries and Agriculture of Chiriquí (CAMCHI), presented the forum: Trends in Labor Law 2019; a seminar organized for the business sector of the province of Chiriqui in the Republic of Panama. The topics were presented by lawyers Ricardo Aleman, Maria Teresa Mendoza and Milagros Caballero,
- Published in 2019, Ana Frago, Giselle Moncada, Labor Law_news, Maria Teresa Mendoza, Milagros Caballero, News, Ricardo Aleman